Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Life is Worth it

I went to the beach for four hours today with my mother and father. We didn't go in the water or anything, since we're actually doing that tomorrow. Anyhow, it was pretty fun!






Light house thingy magiggy.
We climbed these rocks to get towards a little light-house thingy. It was pretty cool, despite all the graffiti surrounding it. And it smelled a lot like fish, but hey, it's the ocean. The wind was really nice, and the air was slightly cool, but not enough to make you cold. I got cold around night time, but that's to be expected when you're wearing a dress.

My parents and I also met some pretty nice people. Unfortunately, I just recently got braces, so when we went to grab a bite for dinner I couldn't eat the bread on my veggie burger :(. It hurt too much, so I just ate the actual burger with not much of the bread. It was still really good, though!

After we ate, my parents got up to throw out the garbage or something. I still sat at the table we ate at, which had a great vantage point to look at the water right by, and the people crossing the road. Well... Haha, this is embarrassing, I'll tell you guys anyways though.

Well.. There was this really attractive guy that passed by with a friend. He looked a bit like Zac Efron, except less girly. He had nice, piercing eyes and wavy brown hair. Like, damn, he was pretty hot, even though he was older than me. Well.

My mother and I often point out good looking guys to each other, so I turned around and yelled to my mother, "MOM, LOOK!". I guess I don't know how to lower my own volume? She replies, asking, "What?" and I turn back around to show her the guy. I nod towards his direction.... But. He's staring right in my direction, and sees me nod twice towards his direction with this crap-eating grin on my face.

Like, imagine that look you get when you're like, "My God, that guy/girl is absolutely hot!!". You sometimes get a smug look. Well, he noticed that, and he and his friend started laughing. They were talking to each other and looked back a lot before they went onto the beach.

I was a bit mortified, but very humored. And hey, he looked at me. That means something, right? Haha :D

So, yeah... That's the funny bit from today. However, on the more serious/philosophical spectrum, I realized just how nice it is to actually go out and do something. Being constantly online is just really depressing I guess.

You're missing out on all these amazing opportunities to experience with others. You're missing out on the fresh air, the gorgeous sunsets, the natural, breathtaking beauty of nature. I just get so happy going to the beach, or just going out to new places and actually doing stuff, especially new things. It's so nice to break up the monotony for once.

Doing the same, repetitive things over and over to ease our temporary boredom gets so... redundant. Maybe I'm starting to see all the things I can do in life, and the beauty of it?

I don't know, it's just so hard to explain how I felt at that time. I felt so... happy, so at peace. Like that my life was on the right track. That everything is worth it.

Maybe that's just called loving life? I'm not sure.

-Bean

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I can relate to the braces. They absolutely hurt when you wear it in the first few days. I wore it myself. Thankfully, I'm now wearing a retainer, which means I can wear it only at night time XD.
    And the part with the guy grinning at you was seriously funny. I'm so glad that I'm not the only person with embarassing experiences. But yours is by far the most embarrassing and funny! I would want to hide forever in embarrassment if I were you! :D. That will be one memorable experience XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard retainers are much more comfortable! I can't wait to get these off, but I'm thankful for them too haha.
      And yeah, that was extremely awkward and embarrassing! However, I found it more funny than anything. I think the guy was genuinely humored, so it wasn't like he was weirded out. And don't worry, I've had a lot of awkward experiences. Like, I've had this girl in my grade open the bathroom door two times to see me in the stall... Err, yeah. And, actually, it just happened again yesterday at the beach, with a different person though! Very awkward.

      Delete
    2. I know. A lot of my awkward moments involve the toilets. There were a few times when I went to the men's toilet, did my business in the stalls, and was confused to see a guy in the toilet. I was about to ask him what he was doing in the women's toilet but luckily I didn't! hahaha. Having the door opened on you was worse I think. I think we should make it our goal to double check the toilet doors to make sure it's actually locked XD

      Delete
    3. Hmm, I've never actually went into the guys bathroom before, at least that I remember. That's really awkward though haha! I'd hate to be caught in the guys bathroom :P. And yeah, we probably should. It always seems like it's locked, but it never is :(. They always open it on me!!!

      Delete