Thursday, September 4, 2014

O is for Obsessive

O is for obsessive, always grabbing a hold of me,
Like I've been lifted up by the neck, by a clammy, rough hand.
I can't escape, nor can I breathe, because the thoughts just
Won't escape from me.

C is for compulsive, can't help what I do.
No matter how hard I try, the thoughts cycle back,
Like a rewinding video tape, back and forth,
A TV remote with no pause button.

D is for disorder, yet it doesn't define me.
I say it doesn't shape who I am, but it sure
Alters my mood, souring it with a sprinkle of
Panic and anxiety.

Its all normal, fine and dandy, the weather's
Forecast says no chance of rain.
The sun is gleaming, everyone's beaming
Even the flowers follow the wind's rhythm for me.

And then all of a sudden, the sky swirls ash gray,
Smoky clouds circling above me.
The first trickle of rainwater slides down my face,
And just like that, its back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment