Tuesday, September 16, 2014

This Dance

I know I should go slow,
Craft our budding alliance,
To the ways of happiness you shall show,
But my heart is on defiance.

And yes, I understand I'm in
Lust, not love, it's a mixture
Of admiration and adoration,
For you, whom I barely know.

Yet, I still crave your company,
Romantically, a nervous misfit,
A hopeful optimist, are you just
Too good for me? Probably.

Probably so, but I'll start slow.
I mean, I'm enraptured by you,
But we need time for this to grow,
And you gotta get to know me, too.

So nice, too kind, perhaps, in the eyes
Of others. But there's no deceit inside
Of you, instead, just a kind gentle soul,
Made by the stroke of God's paintbrush.

And I wish I could be that perfect,
So perfectly crafted, someone everyone loves,
Makes me anxious you might never like me back,
Which I say is okay, but I still hurts me.

You're my motivator, everyone's, maybe,
You help me believe in myself, take a chance,
Perhaps I've just been looking for you to save me?
I hope one day, you'll take this dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment