Tuesday, September 23, 2014

You Can't Leave You

Insecurity, anxiety,
Described in two words;
Yeah, that's me.

For a flower to bloom,
It needs both two things;
Water and sunshine.

I'm already watered down,
Where's the sunshine been?
Perhaps I haven't been looking

For it? Because my words are
Still mangled in my throat,
Itchy and weary and fading

Ever so slightly, over time they
Are eroding. Will I ever raise those
Words, into the stale, plain air?

So many things to say, left unspoken,
Too worried of the many outcomes,
Unknown and scary, like a villian from

A children's scary story, the boogie man
Outside with a mask on, unreadable,
Unsure of what will happen, unknowing.

Like glass, hopefully one day it will break,
Shatter into hundreds of pieces, each one
Reflecting the color of the other equator's

Rainbow. Because heaven knows I need
To put more effort into loving myself,
And I need to embrace my flaws, insecurities.

Can't wait for someone else to,
You are your only hero, every other one
Leaves, but you can't leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment