Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Farewell, Summer!

Summer's approaching it's end.. I've got around two weeks before school starts. This year I'm going to be a Sophomore... yay :)! My schedule seems pretty good. I've got some good teachers. Math and science is going to be easier this year, and I've taken classes such as creative writing, acting, etc. Even one that involves video game development, which I took before and actually found kind of fun (more boring than I expected, though).

OMG, duckyyy!
I recently got a camera and took some really good pictures. It was only around $230 and has fantastic clarity and zoom! I'm kind of in love. If you're curious, the model is Nikon Coolpix L830. I'll post some of my pictures taken with it on the side.


Random half naked teen boys braving the murky waters.


Although I haven't hung out with people too much this summer, it's been pretty fun. Mainly consisting of going to the mall or walking around places with my mom. I hope we go to the beach again, since I didn't really go in the water last time. The waves were kind of crazy and I've gained a new respect for the ocean.

As for school... I'm actually kind of excited. I mean, I usually do get excited, but this year the dread isn't outweighing it too much. I can't wait to wear cute clothes, maybe even some makeup, and most of all talk to others I haven't before. I'm pumped to become more social/outgoing and not care what others think, maybe even make new friends, too!

According to the palm reading (which was surprisingly accurate) I got at the beach, I'll find out my two true friends in December. Which is kind of awesome, since December isn't that far away.

Over all, this summer has been far better than last year's. I mean, yeah, there has been some crappy moments, but the good has outweighed the bad. I quit volleyball, mainly because of the drama that comes with it, and I'm honestly very glad I did so. I've had much more time to be lazy this summer, and do the things I want to do.

I also just got my first two voice lessons ever, and holy crap, is it complex. I always thought singing was simple... There's so much I need to work on and remember. I'm already sounding even better, but yeah, lots I gotta change. The lady I went to was very nice. My mother won two free voice lessons at a dinner thingy, buying raffle tickets and the such. She was a bit far away, but really cool and great at explaining things to me.

I'm also a bit of a geek because I can't wait to get supplies for school and pack up my new Jansport backpack! I've never had a Jansport before, and they're actually really good for organization. God knows I need that, since I'm extremely disorganized... Haha.

Two weeks left... Better make them count!

How is your summer going?

-Bean

2 comments:

  1. I think it's so cool you're taking voice lessons! I used to have them too because I yelled a lot and my grandma thought I could use my 'powerhouse' voice to good use or something. Lol. Anyways, I quit, and am currently taking piano lessons. Just as well, I've always had a thing for instruments.

    And have fun when school starts! Hope you have a great year ahead :)
    thestarryeyeddreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your powerhouse voice. I've always wanted to learn piano but I'm a bit timid to, because of the fact that I cannot multitask with both hands. Like, play one note and play another with a different hand. It's hard to explain D:

      And thank you! I hope school is going well for you :)!

      Delete