Thursday, August 21, 2014

Walking on Eggshells

My mother and father don't get along well. He's always so negative, and judgmental towards everyone, especially towards my mother. They're not in love anymore. I've accepted that, but staying in the house for too long drives us all crazy.

Some days he barely even speaks. Whether it's his job, pain, the house not being spotless, my mother, he won't say. But almost every day does he have a stick stuck up there. And it's so uncomfortable. It's gotten to the point where we feel so awkward, my mother and I just leave the house for the whole night. He gets pissed about that.

I don't know, it's just... When we're around him, it's like walking on eggshells. Can't be who we are, say what we want, and we have to listen to his constant negativity. Absolutely annoying. If I were over 18, I'd be gung-ho for the idea of them divorcing. New town, new house, new start. And my mother's sanity would be far better.

However, I'd have to spend weekends with him most likely. Not only am I awkward around him, but he doesn't know how to handle my OCD. And, not to mention, he's the type that will put me in the middle..

Ugh. Tired of this. Time to go out.

-Bean

1 comment:

  1. It must be really tough...Hope things'll be alright for you. Family arguments and tension in the house are never pleasant. I've experienced that too so...hang in there! I know it's gotta be hard.

    ReplyDelete