Thursday, July 3, 2014

What to say, what to do..


Does anyone else ever have the "cat get their tongue", and they have absolutely no idea what to talk about to another person? Especially if you don't know them well, but even if they are your friend?

I can never think of good topics to talk about, so I always talk about the same things to my friends/people I'm trying to know. I bet I sound really boring, but maybe I'm not and I'm just being too anxious over the entire thing.

It's even worse with boys that I like. Though, I must say I'm pretty proud of myself, because the boy I liked I wasn't too awkward around. Even better, it didn't ruin a friendship either! Although I think he may be catching onto it... However, he's really no good for me.

This boy, lets call him Mar. Mar is very quiet and has a bit of an odd/creepy aura, but is extremely nice. However, he's extremely forgetful, not driven at all academics-wise (which I despise), is a bit strange (dyes his hair blue, tries to be scene- I don't mind that as a friend, but as a potential romantic interest...), etc. Also, he gets grounded a lot, and his mom is kind of insane. She texted with me in the car, showed me some weird music video including sex in front of her young children, and even made me admit that Mar is cute.

Also, did I mention that I was supposed to hang out with him one day (we had plans)? And he hung out with another girl, and only remembered when I texted him. Which I think is rude, regardless if you're forgetful.
And after we met up, he had to leave 20 minutes later...

He was also hanging out with the girl that asked me if I liked him. He's been more distant or something now. Maybe he doesn't like me back. However, I think I just wanna remain friends in the meantime.
I've been much more social this summer though, on the bright side. I've been hanging out a lot, regardless of whether I get awkward around my friends. I force myself to hang out with others.

Anyway, how are you guys doing? :)

-Bean

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get awkward too, finding it hard to come up with topics. So I used the same strategy as you do: talk about same topics with different people! As awkward as I am, I have a relatively small circle of friends who accept me. So that's a comfort.
    I think everyone feels awkward but some people eliminate it with confidence. At any rate, it's okay to be awkward as long as we make an effort to improve ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, we're too alike! Haha. And yes, I completely agree. I think my circle does accept me too, however I'm always worried that they don't.

      Delete