Friday, July 18, 2014

Beach day!

So I went to the beach yesterday with my family, and it was pretty fun. We went to a new place for once (my dad has an obsession with this one beach, which is really crappy btw). There was a mini boardwalk, lots of good food (FUNNEL CAKE!!!), and some decent looking men scattered around. Not to mention, the people were pretty nice, too. However, where I live people are kinda snooty, so it's probably normal there haha.


A lot went on. I didn't go too far in the water, because it was absolutely crazy out there! The waves were real close and gigantic. Plus I'm not the best swimmer out there... :)

It was a bit cold when you'd get out of the water, but otherwise the weather was kinda perfect.It was really sunny out and was great to just lay in. After a while, though, my mom got bored of just... well, sitting there. So we went to go onto the boardwalk, so we could look at some cute cover ups.

All of them were cute, I guess, but I swear- why is it so freakin' hard to find a cover up with sleeves?! Anyhow, I got this really cute stuffed animal penguin. I'll post a picture of him later. He's soooo cute! We also had some delicious funnel cake while scouting for good looking men (yes, my mother assists me in this haha). And basically just people watching. The ocean was so calming that we were kinda zoned.

Then we went on this thing called the "Jetti" if that's how you spell it. It was basically a whole bunch of rocks/concrete around the ocean, which people constantly felt like graffiti-ing, I guess. Lots of stupid words were spray painted on the rocks, which takes away from it, but oh well.

You can see the waves in here, and they're oddly green... Yeah, that's because of all the kelp and seaweed. I have no idea why there was so much, but if you look you can also see it washed ashore. Weird, huh? It was kinda fun to throw at my dad and brother though!


Look at all that seaweed/kelp!

This is the only decent sunset picture I got, but it's right by the amusement park so yeah, I was proud of my amateur photography skills lol. Well, as the sun went down, there was some type of palm reading thing, so my mother and I decided to do it. GOD, was that chick accurate! I assumed a lot of it would be bullcrap, but most of it was really true.

Apparently, I will be married until I die, no divorce or anything. I'll have two children, and I'll be a writer, also teaching history? Sounds a little odd, but whatever.

Later on there were fireworks right by the beach, which was absolutely amazing. They looked so big, much better than any I've seen around my house! The sky was so clear, and it was just so pretty.

Also, before that, I met this little boy selling lemonade who has a beach house there. He was a real whipper snapper and was absolutely adorable. I wanted to take him home! Not literally, but kinda. And I recently got braces, so it was a bit hard to eat pizza (the bread part), but over all, good night.

So I guess that's it. Over all, I had a pretty good time! Anyhow, how are you guys doing?

-Bean

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm going abroad for a while for the Lebaran holiday. I'm a bit worried though. I'll have holiday homework. Am I supposed to do my homework abroad? That'll be pretty inconvenient.
    I have never heard of green waves before, very interesting. And the photo was stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. I love going to beaches when there are no clouds in the sky. Firework at the beach sounds amazing. Love your firework pic.

    Daisy l littlekawaiidaisy

    ReplyDelete