Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Dying Dogs and Soft Shorts

So I went to the supermarket with my mother today... My brother works there, so we know most of the employees pretty good. Well, one of them walks out and tells us that a few people were complaining about a dog barking in a car. Us being the animal lovers we are, we search for the car that has the dog and we find it eventually. The windows are cracked, but damn is it hot outside! So we decide to call the cops- we never make a fuss over silly stuff, but after all the reports recently of people and dogs dying inside cars, we decided it was the better thing to do.

However, when my mother was on the phone, an older man was wandering the parking lot, walking past the car with the dog but not going in it. He looked over all really suspicious. Eventually, he goes up to the employee we were talking to, which later turns out that he was asking if we had a problem with him. I guess he saw us at the car and/or gawking at it, maybe even making the phone call? Then the guy went into the car with the dog- so it definitely was his car. Also, that car was completely out of state, so it may be that he was traveling. But who in the hell would leave their dog in the car, not running, in 95+ degree weather?! Are you insane?

Well, after like twenty minutes the policeman finally shows up. He pulls up to the guy's car and chats with him for a bit, and pulls out after a few minutes. My mother and I went into the supermarket to finally shop, but we were nervous the guy may get very angry and come into the shop and harass or something. Luckily, that didn't happen. His car was gone when we got out of the supermarket, so all went good.

I guess the message I'm trying to get across is to not leave your child or animals inside a car when it is absolutely disgusting outside. You may not think the car could get hot with the windows cracked, but a veterinarian recently did an experiment regarding this topic. I believe the temperate was originally 90 degrees or so, and while sitting in the car with the windows cracked the temperature climbed up to 118 degrees! Now imagine all the fur an animal has, combined with the heat! Absolutely insane.

(Please excuse the mess inside, I'll organize that later. Also, yes, that is a hello kitty flashlight)
Anyway, nothing else really happened today. I bought some really comfy shorts (Soffe) at 5 below. They are like absolute heaven- my butt cheeks are on cloud 9. Also, I bought some organizing bins (same place) for my desk and bedroom. They're pink and glittery and absolutely adorable! It's small and fit
s perfect on a desk kind of surface and was only 2 bucks for three. Did I mention it's extremely cute??

-Bean


No comments:

Post a Comment